What is considered as a Date (What is Dating Someone)?
Well, to begin with, there are some words which are often confused with each other. Dating and relationship is one such combination. Now, this basically happens because the people are not really sure dating a person is really all about. This is something that you need to understand so as to get a clear picture of your relationship status. Also, a lot of people may confuse hanging out with someone as dating but let us clarify that. Hanging out with someone is a lot different from dating someone.
So what is considered as Dating, or how a dating is defined ?
In this article, we are going to talk about what exactly dating is all about and we are also going to tell you what is dating someone. This will help you in ensuring that you do not use the words incorrectly and you know what you are really talking about. So, let us now get to the point and see what is considered as a date or what Dating Someone is.
What is Dating?
When you hear someone say that they are dating a guy or a girl, the first thing that you feel is that they are in a relationship but this is not true. Dating someone falls into a grey area and hence it becomes a little difficult to understand what is going on between them. Technically, dating means that you are going out on dinner dates or lunch dates with someone. To generalize this, you can say that you are basically spending time with someone on a regular basis with a romantic interest in them. This is different from hanging out with them because you do not really have a romantic interest in them.
Another thing that separates dating from hanging out is that the feelings are mutual. This means that when you are dating someone, you both have romantic feelings for each other while this is not the case in hanging out.
The personal definition of dating may largely vary but there are certainly some parameters. In addition to this, we have noticed that the definition of dating also varies with geographical boundaries and cultures. There are some things that fall into the dating zone so if you find yourself indulging into these things then it is considered as dating.
- If there are two people who have a crush on each other and if they are spending time with each other in order to know each other, then there is a possibility that they are in the dating zone.
- If you are trying to know someone and spend time with someone to find a soulmate in them then you surely fall into the definition of dating. It is quite important for the feelings to be mutual in this case.
- If you have started seeing your future with someone and if you feel that he or she could be the one. With these intentions, you fall in the line of dating zone as well.
What is Not Considered as Dating?
You have already read about what dating is about but it is certainly important to know what is not considered as dating. With this, you will be able to make a clear differentiation between just hanging out and dating. Let us now look at the things that do not fall into dating.
- If you do not have any romantic interest and if you are not even planning to get into the committed relationship with someone then you are surely not dating each other. It is also true in the case of vice versa because if it is one-sided then you are not dating them.
- If you are hooking up with someone with no intention of being in a committed relationship then you guys are not dating each other. You can say that you are friends with benefit or something but you guys are not dating.
- If you do not meet someone for more than twice or a few times and if you already have plans to look someone else around once again, you are not dating them. This could be a date until you guys are spending time but it goes out of the zone as soon as you move on.
So you would now have an idea about what is considered as a date. Now, you would have a clear stand about your relationship status. Either you go on a date with a person found on online dating site like rsvp or your neighbor hope you got some ideas on dating after reading here. If you are still under a confusion then go with the flow and you will surely be able to sort things out for yourself.